Thursday 29 April 2010

Candle Witch Doings At The Full Of The Moon

Candle Witch Doings At The Full Of The Moon Image
There is so much going on and so little time to write of it. I spent the morning of the full moon with the lovely LadyHawk from WiccanWeb (where I once admin'ed years ago) who'd driven all the way out from Ontario to visit us West Coast witches. She came to tea with me after having spent time with my friends behind HerbalCraft and WiccanWeb and before she went to the island to visit another mutual friend. We had samosas and peppermint tea and chatted about our common state of being outside witchcraft traditions, loves lost, and lessons learned. In the afternoon I was off to see the witch I'd left to harvest my henbane, belladonna, and nightshade before the frost took them. Then I walked through the forest to visit my former neighbours - the King of the May and his lovely witch-wife for dinner.

That night, on the full hunter's moon, I brought out the incense, my spirit-candle, and the "Carmina Gadelica" to bless my house. First I banished with the burning smudge of volatile oils blowing smoke into every nook and cranny and laying down the rules for spirits and doors. Then I circled through the rooms sunwise with the spirit-candle on its clawed pedestal bringing light to the dark while chanting the Beannachadh Taighe - the Blessing of House:

"Gods bless the house,"

" From site to stay,"

" From beam to wall,"

" From end to end,"

" From ridge to basement,"

" From balk to roof-tree,"

" From found to summit,"

" Found and summit."

And then I marked crosses over every window, door, and other subtle entrances with holy water "by silver and stane may the water be sained". I wasn't done with the full moon yet - I burned jasmine incense in offering to her beauty and also to cleanse the rooms of the pungent smudge. I brought out my cards and spread them before the newly set-up underworld altar. With hard work, skill, and balance I will accomplish my goals and dreams, they whisper.

Old Woman takes over all my altars reminding me that no matter who else I may court, I am hers above all. Old Man laughs because he still gets the roast chicken and an altar all to himself.