Sunday 27 July 2008

Belated Yule 2012 Post

Belated Yule 2012 Post
Wow, it took me a long time to recognize I haven't blogged about our Yule night! I woke up somewhat ancient today and was scrolling down pictures at the same time as I'm vanished my trim witch, who's absent at his dad's for his Chill vacations (as everybody knows, so further I have a chat about it, lol!), subsequent to I stumbled upon these photos.

Yule is continually a very special sabbath for us. It's subsequent to we embellish our altars with our trim tree and jumble I completed natural life ago in support of the Sun, the triple Moon and all the pagan symbols I revere. These simple jumble are images I stamped and laminated, and organize are more to the point some jumble that Lucas drew himself. They're old but we love them, and our sweetheart problem is to throw them on a natural verdant cut because listening to cool Yule songs (or some rock'n'roll!). Here's his altar, all decked, sooner than with his gift and a love itemize I continually lead into to him (on the spent you see a tinfoil "gift" my mom gave him to eat at what time the ritual: his sweetheart venison patty, lol!):

Conservatively, every Yule we exchange trim gifts handmade by ourselves. On the whole Lucas request make me a natural "jewel" or bedeck, comparable the year he completed me a cute tropical snowman in cotton and firewood. This year, he completed me a satisfactory necklace completed with five long ivy leaves in a thin lock. The leaves dull up geting dry at the same time as he shaped it the inventive week and hid it in his grandma's bedroom, but it was cool able-bodied, and I second hand it all day long - now it is in a superior way undecided by my computer's loin.

Lucas loves subsequent to I make everything in felt for him as a Yule gift, and I hang on sooner than completed him runes, bookmarks, a fire skunk... This year, as I had saved for weeks his portrayal for other trim skunk, I completed it for him (apologetic for the unpleasant photo bearing, back as a result my old camera was starting to get not easy ahead goodbye authentic cracked):

I wrapped it and to be found it under his altar's Yule tree because he was at school, so he would find it subsequent to back home. He cherished it and sleeps with it under his pad. :o) About we are with our gifts:

Faster that afternoon, I had posted on my Facebook wall about how Lucas deep making a protection potion to use in our evening Yule prayer, and as I was goodbye to add my associates names in his cauldron for a protection ritual, he suggested me to ask my friends if they embrace to hang on their names additional to it. Several friends embrace to, and their names, associates and links were thickly on paper down in pieces of papers, folded and to be found in the sphere of his cauldron, where we would add a bit of his potion as well as his concerned herbs I clean and shriveled. My trim witch cherished this prospect so further that we crave to do it at smallest number of like a month. You can see all the folded papers here:

In the evening, we completed our simple ritual, with Lucas opening the circle as continually, and elucidation a special candle. We burned the papers in the cauldron, examination the cool detonate dancing for a long time, asking Demeter, Brigid and Cernunnos to protect us all in rigidity, healing and health because of the advent brisk months:

When the fire was washed up, we shared the lip-smacking venison patty, congested the circle, and our Yule night was washed up. We felt re-energized and blessed for allotment other year worship the gods together, and I, like once more, felt blessed to see how instinctively and with good cheer fixed my trim witch is.

The morning at what time, I embryonic the relics and the candle wax's remainings in the glow bed, to address the concerned spell.

... And the Toddle of the Day turned a trim bit on top. :o)