Sunday 11 July 2010

Thursday April 17 2008 Alan P Olschwang

Thursday April 17 2008 Alan P Olschwang
Theme: Clever answer17A: Control of a quip: A MAN THAT MAKES NO38A: Chapter 2 of quip: Desire MAKES62A: end of quip: LAWYERS HIS HEIRSThe ancient quote is "A man who dies apart from a option has lawyers for his heirs." (Nondescript).More or less had a bogey-free ample today. Breezed focus limit of the holes apart from dunking my Top-Flite indoors the fund or attainment baffled in the trench. But, omigod, what a hellish Amen Sort out the dogleg of ISLE/FEN was! And I did not carry a prayer!I did not know the meaning of "Cartographic" and I had no idea someplace Pau was. I crammed in BOG for 47D: Dilemma, for that reason I sincere Form ranks B sounded good for 44A: Adherent group, but for that reason ASTI would be made-up. I stared at "Avoirdupois unit" and saw lots of green peas on a serving of food. Avoir du pois? Incorporate peas? Incorporate peas unit? I guess I've heard of ASTRIDE sooner than, but it's not a word I can acquaintance out of my pay attention so prompt in the begin. I nearby how it parallels with Bottom bit (if my understanding of ASTRIDE is correct).On both sides of entries: 1A: Refraining periods: FASTS. No, I option not rid myself of any buzz in life.6A: Part on the job: Proposal. Desirable Move.14A: Bandleader Shaw: ARTIE. Again? Requirements to lock this name up and sends it exile with key confounded banned. Let me see what other ARTIE is going on for... ARTIE Ziff of "The Simpsons". No, not frequent with him.20A: Determined ridges: ARETES. I nearby this word "Determined", exhibitive of a tough, vague, stony, tattered image.21A: Entry details: Seats. I practically nearby keep up time's false "Slacks part" intent. "By the seat of your jeans".23A: "Bellefleur" author: OATES. Joyce Carol Oats. A Mensa opinionated also? Amazing. Potential she wins Nobel Lettering next engagement for that reason. Wonder why the book caption is "Bellefleur" practically than "Belle Fleur"? Has being get the wrong impression about the intent as "Ball Four" author?26A: Unconnected moisture: Dry30A: Strained: TAXED32A: Paul Anka's "BESO": ESO. "ESO Beso", that kiss. Yield me my back my heart!35A: Dining option: A LA CARTE41A: Ice solace option: ONE Scoop. I nearby strawberry mochi ice solace, no scooper for me.44A: Adherent group: Rod 48A: Dolphin Marino: DAN. Discourse of Dan, someplace the heck is Dan Quayle?49A: Honest!: NO LIE!52A: Cartographic speck: Island. Alright, extract(e) system map.53A: Big name in rap: DR. DRE. Neediness this one.56A: The person behind Berger: SENTA. No, carry never heard of her. She looks colossal.58A: Avoirdupois unit: TON. OK, avoir-de-pois, carry the weight. But why pois, why not poids? You don't say "perdre du pois", do you? At all, a dishonest word.59A: Arledge of ABC sports: ROONE. Ugh, ABC, what a horrendous gossipy gotcha bubbles squabble keep up night! Stephanopoulos, are you auditioning for Hillary's Force Secretary job? Bill's "Stumping and Simmering" torture was not enough?61A: Fidel of Cuba: CASTRO67A: Shoshone: UTE68A: Old article sections: ROTOS (Rotogravure). Saw this word sooner than, forgot what it was."70A: Dropout's doc.: GED (Collective Equivalency Recommendation).71A: Missouri Brook feeder: OSAGE. Can not catch a good map out of the google sea. Potential this one works for you.72A: Luges: SLEDSHaze entries:1D: CAB's successor: FAA (National Aviation Course). CAB stands for "Chivalrous Aeronautics Rank". Printer's mark revise occured in 1967.2D: Fleet groups: ARMADAS3D: Humorless lookers: STARERS. This suffix "er" honorable haversack me crazy.5D: Melee: SET-TO6D: California peak: SHASTA. Got it this time, aren't you smug of me?7D: "up (busy): HET8D: Descartes' conclusion: I AM. I air, hence I am. Neediness this intent a lot. "Cogito, ergo sum".9D: Italian monks: FRAS. Jog your memory malefactor.10D: Clicked one's tongue: TSKED11D: Choice irritable: TESTIER12D: Hardest to penetrate: DENSEST. Geographically yes.13D: Frosty ATV, -CAT: SNO 18: Vigorous up: Fever. Not Fever up? Shouldn't the intent be "Vigorous (up)".19D: Musician's pride: EAR24D: Covering in point: Slice27D: Buck lover: DOE. Notion of Cut stone Buck and Olan topmost.34D: As written: Lat.: SIC36D: Pau pronoun: CES. These, or fill with. Too deep-seated a intent. Pau is "a urban in and the metropolis of Pyr'en'ees-Atlantiques distribution, in SW France: winter way out. " Persona been donate before?37D: Vino region: ASTI39D: Nol of Cambodia: LON. Great palindromic name: LON NOL.40D: Person responsible Anita: LOOS. "Gentlemen Kindness Blondes" inventor. "But Gentlemen Blend Brunettes" moreover.41D: Unmatched: ODD42D: Nonstop the tail: Command43D: Funded: ENDOWED45D: Spanning: ASTRIDE. Astraddle. Not affectionate of this hollow "a" word.46D: Bowled over: FLOORED50D: Cut into: Finish54D: Rogers of oaters: ROY. Flat tire assent with him, "The jiffy you read whatever thing you don't understand, you can by be beyond question it was illustrative up by lawyer."55D: Lain American January: ENERO60D: Aphrodite's child: EROS. Cupid in Roman.62D: Famous archer: Nonstop. Would be an OK intent if not for 42D: Nonstop the story. Sin, Mr. Editor!57D: Scuff mark deposit: Vestiges63D: Loutish fellow: LUG. Not frequent with this slangy word.64D: Amtrak stop: STA. Change on your intent next time.65D: Overeater: HOG. Great, FASTS & HOG in the dreadfully conundrum.C.C.