Friday 7 March 2014

Goddess Movement

Goddess Movement
Today is very special to me. Not only is it a time to reflect upon my appreciation for my own mother, it is also a time to honor the Great Mother and all women in general. Add in the fact that Mother's Day always occurs around the time of my birthday, and the holiday becomes very festive.A CELEBRATION OF THE GODDESS One of my favorite aspects of Witchcraft is that we place an emphasis on the feminine side of the divine. If more spiritual paths did that, I think the appreciation and respect for women would improve on a grand scale. I, for one, cannot imagine a supreme being that is solely male or female. My thinking has always been that if God (by whatever name you choose to call God) is the complete summation of all that is, then God must be equally masculine and feminine. Most of the world's religions agree that mankind is a reflection of God, or "made in God's image." I agree with this assessment. I believe that every being, both male and female possess the divine spark. The world has long minimized the importance of the feminine aspect of God. Mother's Day is a wonderful time to reflect upon the importance of women. In our current society, women are the caretakers and nurturers. They are the "keepers of the hearth". A mother's influence is beyond dispute. To appreciate women and treat them with respect and admiration is to not only honor women, but to honor that which is sacred and divine. It is nothing less than honoring God. I hope that all of you will remember your own mothers today and make a visit to them. When you sit with your mother, see her today in a divine light. See her as a physical manifestation of that part of God which is caring and compassionate, intelligent and kind. See the Goddess within, and realize that you are blessed to share in this knowledge and appreciation of women.

Origin: invocation-rituals.blogspot.com