Saturday 26 November 2011

Witchcraft And Wicca 101 The Basics Of The Craft Re Altars

Witchcraft And Wicca 101 The Basics Of The Craft Re Altars

Vesca wrote:

I just want to add a little tidbit, regarding the area of saving money and space.

Depending on your practice and your unique path, you may not need all the pieces of an altar that a lot of the New Age books say you do. Maybe walk your path a bit to get a feel for the pieces that you actually need/want to be incorporated.

For example, I don't have a wand, chalice, cloth, and I rarely use an athame in actual spell work.

A lot of what I do doesn't actually require anything aside from maybe some disposables (herbs and offerings), and what I do have is a fair bit more aimed toward decoration and focus than anything else (which I don't particularly "need" but it's nice to have - it's also not something I would be willing to set up and take down on a daily basis if I were living in an iffy arrangement with unsupportive people).

Absolutely! I use my mortar, pestle & cauldron more than anything. I usually use the rest when I'm doing a formal ritual (which isn't that often). Fact is all you need is you! I find that using tools helps me to focus and concentrate my intent of will... even if it's just a candle in a candle holder.

Statistics: Posted by DPhoenix - Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 pm