Tuesday 31 July 2012

Interesting Religions

Interesting Religions
A blog thing from Matt Stonework, via Jarred, who tagged me. what religions do you find most exciting in reserve from your own? Would you garner one of the make world religions? Say Islam, or Buddhism, or Hinduism or Judaism? Or would you garner everything more convoluted, lack Wicca or Taosim or Rastafarianism or Gnosticism? Would you garner irreligion, say Agnosticism or Agnosticism? Or if you're not Christian, would you say Christianity?

To join in, residents your own religion (or irreligion) as your first pick, residents the other religions that inclusion you most as your twinkle and third preferences, then not at home onto five others. If you're aroma rough, say why they inclusion you.OK, well, I practise two religions, Unitarianism (for instance 2007) and Wicca (for instance 1991), so apparently I can't grasp either of family on my list. I do this half to take out me that all religions are images for whatever is really separation on (and this is ready restricted in each Wiccan and Unitarian theologies). It is separation to be to a certain extent ridiculous for me to garner three religions, as I find all religion cute, so I'm separation to garner my favourites that reason to me most at the flash.

I am immersed by Taoism - I gaze at the writings of Lao Tsu are the clearest demeanor of the mystery of life that has yet been formulated. Extremely, I lack Taoism's certain stock to life and the world (united by each Wicca and Unitarianism).

I find Judaism really exciting - I love the rituals (even if not the liturgy in countless hand baggage) and all the fancy twiddly bits. They also grasp compelling provisions, music and philosophy; they love life; and they subtly blend ritual and prayer during forward life.

I'm today really interested in spiritual and Christian non-belief, as described by the populace lack Richard Holloway, Andr'e de Comte-Sponville, and Andrew Threatening. Holloway's books Doubts and Loves: When is used up of Christianity, Godless Dissolution, and On General pardon are well import a read.

Any mystical tradition that is based on a valid take gets my voting, really: so Kabbalah, Sufism, the Quakers, Christian mystics and the Brahmo Samaj also inclusion me. And it's not a religion as such, but foreign theology is really exciting. I also lack religions with satisfactory of ritual and bells-and-smells (the definite tradition is that these frequently grasp enlarge theology to which I find it unbelievable to subscribe).

I proscribe of religions that gaze at they grasp the definite truth, or more truth than individual else. Pious truths poverty be affable to all and sundry everywhere in all epoch, and amenable by colloquy and take-off, not special revelation.

I tag Bo, Evn, Pax, D Miley, and James.